Bored With Your Diet? Try These Unique, Healthy Snacks
Are you tired of the same fruit and nut snacks every day? The good news is there’s a whole world of healthy snacks that you likely never heard about. All it takes to spice things up in your diet is a little know-how!
Why You Need Snacking Variety
Not only is it more interesting to eat a large variety of foods, but also it’s important to have diversity in your diet because it eliminates the chance of cheating and eating unhealthy foods.
If you’re bored with the same dry almonds, then you’re more likely to be tempted by the potato chips or candy bar you see in the vending machine. However, adding more variety to your snacks can reduce temptations.
Experts recommend having a colorful diet filled with different fruits, grains, vegetables, and other foods. This will help you get valuable nutrients and avoid deficiencies. Snack time provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy these additional nutrients in a fun, tasty, and satisfying way.
Tasty, Nutritious Snacks
Try these snacks for a delicious change:
- Crispy chickpeas. If you’re tired of the usual nuts or seeds in your diet, try crispy chickpeas. They’re part of the legume family and have nutritional value.
- You can purchase bags of crispy, salted chickpeas from stores. You can also make your own version at home. This snack will taste crunchy and fill you up quickly. It also provides you with important fiber and protein.
- Salted chickpeas can help you fight the craving for salty potato chips. They’re a healthy substitute that you can make by roasting them at home. Then, add your favorite seasonings.
- Roasted chickpeas also have magnesium, calcium, and potassium.
- Zucchini chips. You can find them in stores or make your own snacks by cutting and roasting small slices of zucchini.
- Zucchini chips are a healthy snack alternative that has protein, fiber, and multiple vitamins. These chips have vitamins A and C. In addition, they have potassium which is essential for healthy bodies.
- Zucchini chips are a low-cholesterol snacking substitute.
- Carrot chips. You can make carrot chips in a similar way to zucchini chips. Roast them in your oven and add seasoning such as olive oil, salt, or pepper.
- Carrot chips are a good source of vitamins C and A. They’re a healthy option for quick snacks that you may crave during the day at home or at work. They’re easy to make and can be fun to season.
- Pickled asparagus. Pickled asparagus can help you fight salty cravings and provide you with a low-calorie and very beneficial snack. This unusual snacking option offers you fiber and the benefit of fermented foods.
- Asparagus has vitamin C and calcium. It’s also a source of magnesium and other important nutrients.
- Flavored granola. Instead of having plain granola, you can find versions that include different flavorings. From blueberries to chocolate coffee, granola is available in different types.
- Granola is a good source of vitamins and minerals. It has vitamin E, zinc, vitamin C, magnesium, calcium, niacin and others. It also has other benefits such as helping your digestive system and reducing cholesterol.
- Granola can also make you feel more energetic. In addition, it has iron, so you can fight anemia.
- Flavored granola can make you feel full and help you stay on track with healthy snacking. It can help you fight temptations for sugar or junk food that can destroy your diet.
Your snacks don’t have to be boring, and you don’t have to eat the same ones all the time. You have other options that can make snacking fun again. Try these ideas and use them as a springboard to new snacking ideas of your own.